Africa Business and News World

Two Arrested Nigerians Released by Chicago Police

Related image

Two Nigerian brothers Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo arrested over Smollette attack in Chicago have been released as the investigation now shifts to Smollette himself. There are allegations that the alledged attack may have been staged by Smollette himself According to the Chicago police as reported by the Chicago Tribune “the investigation into the attack reported by Jussie Smollett has “shifted” due to information received from two brothers arrested in the case then released, and police want to interview the “Empire” actor again.

“Twelve hours after calling them “possible suspects,” police late Friday released the two Nigerian brothers without charges and said they were no longer suspects, citing “new evidence” they did not disclose.

“Detectives have additional investigative work to complete,” Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said.

“We can confirm that the information received from the individuals questioned by police earlier in the Empire case has in fact shifted the trajectory of the investigation,” Guglielmi said in an emailed statement Saturday. “We’ve reached out to the Empire cast member’s attorney to request a follow-up interview.”

Source Chicago Tribune

Comments

What's your opinion?

Leave a Reply