President Buhari who has been nicknamed by some Nigerians as “The Travelling President gave an interview to Al Jazeera during his last visit to Qatar
Here are the Highlights of what he said:
- On the economy he said, “We were unable to diversify our
economy, hence we are much more disadvantaged by the lower oil prices”.
- On OPEC, he said, “Nigeria will make the necessary sacrifice to remain in OPEC.”
- On devaluation of the naira he said, Nigeria imports everything including rice and tooth picks, “it cannot afford to devalue its currency. Buhari said further, “If it is against our national interest, why can’t we go against the IMF advice?”
- On Boko Haram the president accepted that Boko Haram remain active and can strike at will but he said he has not failed in his bid to defeat Boko Haram
- Responding to question about how he plans to deal with the issue of Biafra, Buhari said, Biafra quest is a joke he added “At least two millions Nigerians were killed in the Biafra war. And for somebody to wake up, may be they weren’t born. Looking for Biafra after two millions people were killed, they are joking with the security and Nigeria won’t tolerate Biafra.”
Africa Business World: We make it short and Concise and to the point to save you time. ABW will bring more to you as more information becomes available. Africa Business World is one of the major sources of latest World News, Africa News, and Nigerian News, we also offer Small Business Directory for all your business listings. Our website is accessible in 90 languages including Igbo, Hausa, and Yoruba
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to advertise on our website
If you like our stories why not Share Them! At Africa Business World we are working hard to get you informed!